Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree
In order to graduate with a B.A. degree, the student must satisfy all of the following requirements:
(Click on Links for more detailed descriptions)
- Complete at least 40 courses of three or more semester-credit hours each.
- Satisfy the distribution requirements of the school, including the requirement in English composition.
- Satisfy all of the requirements of a major program, with at least half of the major courses taken in residence.
- Pass a senior-year comprehensive assessment administered by the major department.
- Meet residency requirements: (1) Half of required degree courses must be completed at CUA; (2) 10 of the last 12 courses for a degree must be completed at CUA; (3) total transferred courses after matriculation are limited to two times the number of academic years in residence at CUA, and (4) no more than two courses per year may be transferred from summer sessions.
- Finish with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for courses taken at this university, and be in academic good standing at the time of graduation.
Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree
The departments of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics, as well as the programs in Biochemistry and Medical Technology, offer the degree Bachelor of Science. (The B.S. in Computer Science is offered by the School of Engineering.) The rules identified above pertain but the distribution requirements are modified to allow students to take more courses in mathematics and science. Also, if required by the major, B.S. students may take more than 14 courses in their major department. Since each program is arranged differently, consult with specific departments for the requirements of particular programs.